Sunday, January 5, 2014

Wild Card Weekend!

Well, Wild Card Weekend was certainly interesting, as expected!





I didn't catch the Chiefs/Colts game, although I caught the very lucky fumble play that Luck recovered for the touchdown. I watched the Eagles/Saints game, and as comes with records and streaks, they are made to be broken. It was definitely a quiet stadium once the Saints won it. I don't like the Eagles much anyway.

Today, I didn't catch the Chargers/Bengals game, but it was another surprise. I expected the Bengals to win. They've been pretty strong the last half of the season, especially at home. And of course, the Packers/49ers game was great. Both teams played hard, but unfortunately there were just more injuries to the Packers defense. I root for the Packers, but I'm realistic in the fact that there have just been so many injuries, and they all happened at the wrong time. Even if they had won, they wouldn't have made it much farther unfortunately. It's best to get healthy next season, get a new defensive coordinator, maybe even a new head coach, and go from there.

The interesting tidbit I found was that for the past few years, the Super Bowl champ has ALSO been the team that the Eagles played in their home opener. In 2009 it was the Saints, 2010 the Packers, 2011 the Giants, and the Ravens in 2012. The Eagles played the Chargers for their home opener this year. It will be interesting to see if the Chargers indeed go all the way to the Super Bowl.

Any guesses as to the games next week? No....friggin'.....clue. The playoffs have been as unexpected as the regular season has been. But, I'll go ahead and make picks. However, I don't expect to be right at all, lol.


Saints at Seahawks - I expect more upsets through this whole ordeal, and I'd love to see an upset in this game. Of course the Seahawks are favored. So were the Eagles. Streaks and records, once again, are made to be broken, and "any give Sunday" (in this case, Saturday) most certainly applies. I'll pick the Saints, but this is an emotional pick, since I absolutely detest the Seahawks. This is more of a hope than a pick.

Colts at Patriots - Colts are visiting New England. Brady may not have Hernandez or Gronk, but he still has people he can pass or throw to. The Colts definitely showed that they will put up one hell of a fight against the Chiefs. This is a pretty tough call for me, but I'm going to say the Colts in the interest of more upsets.

49ers at Panthers - The 49ers didn't steamroll like their fans predicted. The game was bitterly close. The Packers defense held as well as they could given their line being like swiss cheese. What the Panthers have to do defensively is shut down Crabtree while keeping an eye out for Kaepernick running. I think they'll do that. The Panthers have been playing strong, and this will be a home game for them. I'm gonna say Panthers.

Chargers at Broncos - I'm going to have to say, even though there's a superstitious little streak going, I favor the Broncos at home over the Chargers. Manning is playing well, and Wes Welker will be back. I think the Broncos will take this, and break the home opener/SB champ streak.



And I know it's early, but here's what I truly think now that the road to Super Bowl has four less contenders. I'm going to say Panthers vs. Broncos. It seems just weird enough. But regardless of who winds up going, I will honestly say that the AFC team will win it again this year. Eh, but crazier things have happened.



1 comment:


  1. i love NFLHQNETWORK . The channel line up is perfect for the price. I wouldnt mind paying a couple more dollars for ESPN deportes. Hey, think about it.`+`=~=`=`=`

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics