Saturday, January 11, 2014

Divisional Saturday!

Okay, let's begin!




Saints at Seahawks - I was hoping for an upset. I honestly didn't think the Saints would choke twice, but they did. Granted, the rain and gusty wind didn't help. I should also note that while a lot of Seahawks fans (on my Facebook anyway) were screaming with delight that the second field goal had been missed, here's a tip for ya. Your kicker would have missed it too.....just a thought, you freaks.

But the kicker was the absolute poor play calling. Ryan did good with the defense, but Payton really needs to go, especially after the last play of the game. WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?! An awful attempt at a lateral (instead throwing a forward pass and embarrassing yourself) instead of running out of bounds?



All in all, the Saints justly deserved that loss. Who Dat fans, you can hate that statement all you like, but it's true. If my team pulled a stupid stunt like that, I'd be saying the same thing. Challenging a play when you had one timeout left was a dumb idea, and that last play was even worse. Hopefully Bounty Gate Payton gets shit canned and the Saints come out with someone better next year. Talk about choking.


Colts at Patriots - Oh geez. You know, I was pulling for the Colts actually. And I was wrong, yet again. LOL. But you know what? They had more of a shot than the Saints did. Unfortunately, they seemed to give up right around the fourth quarter. I will say, the refs helped with some of that. There was a blatant late hit on Luck which wasn't called, a pass interference that wasn't called, and other manner of typical ref fuckery that wound up favoring the Patriots. Granted, the Colts were down by 21 points. Those three calls wouldn't have gotten them caught up, but for the love of everything holy at least TRY to be consistent.


So, so far, two of my picks have been wrong. Hey, I'm no expert by any means. As I stated, the Seahawks game was a more emotional hope of a win for the Saints. And everyone enjoys an upset (except for the team that's been upset - and their fans - of course), so picking the Colts was fun too.


So, do I change my picks for tomorrow's games? Kinda sorta. I'm not a 49ers fan either, and I would have picked them to lose if the Seahawks had lost, booting them both out of the running for representing the NFC. But with the Seahawks having won, it would be pure enjoyment to watch them go to Seattle and shut them up. However, I think the Panthers can pull it off too. So I'll stick with the Panthers.

As far as the Broncos and Chargers game? It's a tough call honestly. The Chargers have beaten the Broncos in Denver before. It can happen again. And if you're going by previous Superbowl winners, then the Chargers WILL. However, Peyton is getting up there in age, and given his medical history and surgeries, it's a year to year decision on if he'll play most likely. If he is to go out on top, he's definitely got a shot this year. I think I'll stick with the Broncos for the win.

Now watch, I'm going to be wrong in both games tomorrow too, although I'm being reasonable.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics