Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Divisional!

What a finish to the Divisional!




Well, I got one pick right, and that game really got close there at the end. Hell pretty much all the games got close in the 4th quarter!


49ers at Panthers - Well I wasn't surprised at all the physicality and anger between the two teams. The Panthers were frustrated, and the 49ers were.....well....the 49ers. Cam & Co. played pretty well the first half, but the second half they just couldn't contain Kaepernick, whether his legs or his arm. But hey, I get to laugh my ass off next week at either the 49ers or the Seahawks. I don't like either team, so it'll be humorous watching one go home. So who is my pick for next week? I will go ahead and say the 49ers. I think their defense has what it takes to stop the passing game (which is already weak. Wilson was doing good with Harvin until he got knocked out. If he's back next week, he will be heavily covered, and the physicality of the 49ers team could potentially injure him again). Lynch and Wilson are the two offensive concerns. If you can stop Lynch (plenty of teams' defenses have, so I don't think the 49ers will have an issue), watch out for Wilson to also run (bad idea in my opinion. They won't be afraid to hurt him), but both are fairly stoppable.


Chargers at Broncos - This started off a pretty boring game to be honest. I was kinda sitting there goofing off with my phone for most of it. Then the Chargers started to catch up and I was thinking "holy bolo tie, they might pull it off." However, that wasn't the case, and now, the trend of teams who play the Eagles in the Eagles' home opener go on to win the Super Bowl is now over. So who do I pick for next week? Well, trends have shown that Brady tends to beat Manning. That could very well be true. Also, with how the Patriots running game played last night, that's definitely a concern that the Bronco's defense should be looking for. Blount and Ridley are definitely threats that need to be contained, and Amendola is great for the throw. It's a REALLY tough call. On the other hand, Moreno, Decker, Welker and Thomas are a great arsenal, especially with Manning firing. I just don't know honestly. It will be IN Denver, so I'd like to think that some home field advantage will play into it. But, I also have to keep in mind that the Panthers had home field advantage and still lost. I'm still going to say the Broncos though.



All in all, next week's games are going to be really fun. In Seattle, the game will likely be heavily penalized (the Seahawks are the most penalized team after all) and the bad blood rivalry, plus whatever shit-talking happens before the game even begins will likely play into it. The Denver game won't be AS penalized, but still pits two great quarterbacks against each other. Sunday will definitely be a great day for football!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics